|Local chapters of FEI (Financial Executives International) and NIRI (National Investor Relations Institute) have partnered to host a showcase event to kick off the new year. Mark your calendar!
You don’t want to miss this unique opportunity to explore the lifecycle of successful Colorado start-up, SendGrid, through a behind-the-scenes, candid discussion with senior leaders who skillfully guided its corporate journey through critical milestones related to financing, regulation, investors and people. They will discuss:
- Maximizing cross-functional teams while navigating significant business transformations
- Designing reliable financial frameworks to support growth initiatives and enable private-to-public transition
- Ensuring SEC compliance in reporting requirements, internal controls, insider trading and fair disclosure
- Providing compelling communication and investor engagement to achieve fair relative stock value
- Attracting, developing and retaining talented teams throughout the corporate lifecycle
SendGrid’s Key Leaders have reunited for an evening of advice, stories and lessons-learned while reflecting on the TechStars success story from Startup to IPO to Public Company to Buyout.
- Yancey Spruill – former SendGrid Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Pattie Money – former SendGrid Chief People Officer (CPO), Twilio CPO (Interim)
- David Banks – former SendGrid Investor Relations Officer (IRO)
- Matthew Dubofsky – Outside Counsel, Cooley LLC
SendGrid moved to Colorado in 2009 as a successful participant in the TechStars accelerator program. They initially raised $750,000, then another $5 million in a Series A funding round. Between 2012-2016, they raised Series B, C and D funding for a total of $74 million. In 2015, Yancey Spruill joined SendGrid as the COO and CFO. Together with Pattie Money (CPO), David Banks (IRO) and legal counsel, the team raised $131 million through an IPO in 2017. They then went on to sell the company to Twilio in 2018 for nearly $3 billion.
You don’t want to miss this premier event to gain critical business insights into SendGrid’s corporate journey and to network with Denver colleagues from both the private and public markets.
Domain 1: IR Strategy Formulation
Domain 4: Marketing and Outreach
Domain 8: Capital Markets & Capital Structure
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Registration: 6:00-6:30 p.m. | Program: 6:45-8:00 p.m.
LAKEWOOD COUNTRY CLUB
6800 W 10th Ave
Lakewood, CO 80214
Happy Hour and Dinner will be provided.
Event Provided In Partnership with FEI Colorado and
NIRI Rocky Mountain Chapter’s Gold Sponsors