CBSA Hosts Virtual Roundtable with Congressman Ed Perlmutter
By: Colorado BioScience Association Date: 06/05/2020
This week, CBSA hosted a roundtable with Congressman Ed Perlmutter, who represents Colorado’s seventh Congressional district. It was a great opportunity for members of our community to ask questions and offer feedback about their needs during this time and share all that our ecosystem is doing to support the fight against COVID-19.
In addition to discussing many treatments and technologies being developed and deployed to treat COVID-19, participants also raised some of the challenges their companies are facing as a result of the health and economic crisis.
- Successfully resuming elective procedures and the impact on medical device companies
- Small business relief programs, including the Paycheck Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Revitalizing hospital investment in new medical technologies
- Partnerships with BARDA and other government agencies
- Addressing health disparities, including lags in reimbursement policy and research
- Ensuring access to vaccines
Thank you to Congressman Perlmutter for his leadership and support of our life sciences ecosystem and for taking the time to hear from our community.
For those who were unable to join the discussion, you can view the full recording here.
CBSA continues to work with federal, state, and local officials to address the needs of our life sciences ecosystem and share the critical innovations coming out of our state. If we can assist you or your company in any way, please contact Jennifer Jones Paton, CBSA President & CEO or Emily Roberts, CBSA Vice President.