CBSA Hosts Virtual Town Hall with Senator Cory Gardner
By: Colorado BioScience Association Date: 04/27/2020
On Monday, CBSA hosted a virtual town hall with Senator Cory Gardner. More than 65 members and leaders of Colorado’s life sciences community came together to ask questions and offer feedback about their needs during this crisis and share all that our ecosystem is doing to support the fight against COVID-19.
The Senator kicked off the discussion with an update on recent federal action and an overview of his top priorities during this global health emergency:
- Flatten the curve
- Provide assistance for individuals affected by the crisis
- Offer support for impacted businesses
Following Senator Gardner’s remarks, members of the life sciences community had a chance to ask questions covering a range of topics, including:
- Infrastructure and funding needed for sustained testing and surveillance of COVID-19
- Support opportunities for research and development of COVID technologies
- The healthcare innovation pipeline and how to ensure hospitals continue investing in new technologies
- Increased funding and flexibility for states and localities
- Home administration of Medicare Part B treatments during the pandemic
Thank you to Senator Gardner for his leadership and support of Colorado’s life sciences ecosystem and for taking the time to hear from our community.
For those who were unable to join the discussion with Senator Gardner, we have included a full recording of the town hall here.
CBSA continues to work with federal, state, and local officials to address the needs of our life sciences ecosystem and share the critical innovations coming out of our state. If we can assist you or your company in any way, please contact Jennifer Jones Paton, CBSA President & CEO or Emily Roberts, CBSA Vice President.